Thursday, November 4, 2010

Energy Slang

Did you know a set of valves, pipes, and fittings used to control the flow of oil and gas as it leaves a well and enters a pipeline is called a Christmas Tree?

Several common words and phrases we use in everyday language take on a whole new meaning to those in the energy industry.

Just click on the link below to go to an activity page at the U.S. Energy Information Administration's website and check out some other energy slang:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.